Quick heads up, our VMware vSphere on NetApp: Storage Best Practices Technical Report TR-3749 version 2.1 has been released.
Here’s a quick summary of what’s new in version 2.1:
- vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI)
- Storage I/O Control
- New Performance Counters for NFS Datastores
- Virtual Storage Console 2.0 (VSC2 plug-in)
- All CLI process have been removed and replaced with plug-ins (except one with MTS iSCSI)
- A 26% reduction in document size (from 124 pages to 92) – aka driving simplicity
As always, the content in TR-3749 applies to NetApp FAS and vSeries arrays, as well as the N-Series from IBM. Note all best practices in this document superseded the previous versions of this document and should be considered authoritative regarding the use of NetApp technologies in VMware deployments.
Sorry to be brief, but I’m heads down with VMworld preparations and wanted to get the word out!