Here’s 5 ways to ensure you receive a USB stick with the NetApp Data ONTAP Edge VSA and URLs to register, and download OnCommand Systems Manager and the Virtual Storage Console plug-in for vCenter server, while attending VMworld…
1. Attend SPO3339 – NetApp, VMware, and Walz Group: How to Achieve Optimized and Virtualized Business Critical Applications, Monday, Aug 27th at 1:00 PM
(this is my session)
2. Attend SS1011 – NetApp Founder Dave Hitz: How to Transform Your Business with an Agile Data Infrastructure, featuring PeakColo on Tuesday, Aug 28th at 10:30 AM
3. Attend SPO3340 – NetApp, VMware, and Logicalis: Enabling a Private Cloud on NetAppand VMware Tuesday, Aug 28th at 1:30 PM
4. Complete the NetApp Hand On Lab
5. Attend a mini-theater presentation in the NetApp booth. You can’t miss it; we’re at the entrance of the Solutions Exchange! While you’re there ask for a free copy of my new book, “Virtualization Changes Everything”.
This is the real-deal, the actual NetApp VSA that you can purchase from NetApp! It includes evaluation licenses which can upgraded to production licenses at any time… and if Mike Laverick attends my session I will hand deliver his copy of the VSA to him.
daniel kaiser says
Hi, how about five ways for existing customers, who aren’t able to make it to vmworld, obtain a copy of the VSA. Now that would be awesome!
Joel Vanderveen says
Looks like we’ll have to tell our person to get his hands on one!
Chris Hummer says
Crap. Of course I would be reading this on the last day of the conference 🙁
Mike Ellis says
I setup the Edge VSA in my home lab. Deployed templates in 3 mins and getting 80% dedup rate already! Love it
I’ve been asking for a copy of this for almost 2 months from my NetApp accout manager for eval purposes as I thought, as a NetApp partner working on million £ NetApp deals, I’d be able to get a copy…. But got no where untill now…
Vaughn: Can the partners have a perpetual license keys for this for demo and lab purposes??
Josh Odgers says
Awesome product! Stay tuned on my blog for several upcoming articles on Netapp Edge VSA.
Here is my first blog on Netapp Edge VSA and Rapid Clone deploying 100 VMs in 25mins.
Great post – thanks for sharing your experience with Data ONTAP Edge! I look forward to reading more about your experiences.
For those seeking the insight of an an expert, Josh is a vSphere 4 & 5 VCDX, check out Josh’s blog.
Josh Odgers says
I have also tested the Native NFS snapshot VAAI functionality on the Netapp Edge VSA, with excellent results.
For those who are interested, see the below link.
More testing to following on this great new product.
Currently Edge is distributed with a 30 day license that can be renewed twice (fir a total if 90 days). I don’t have info as to NFR licensing for partners. for that you should contact your NetApp Channel Partner Manager.